1. Wednesday Night Live for BOTH parents and kids will be this Wednesday (every Wednesday). This Wednesday's schedule is as follows:
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch with the Lord
6:00 - 7:00 Teachers Meeting
6:30 - 8:00 Free Haircuts/Nail Polishing
6:30 - 8:00 Game rooms/Outdoor Recreation
7:00 - 7:20 Elementary Bible Study
7:20 - 7:40 Middle School Bible Study
7:40 - 8:00 High School Bible Study
7:00 - 8:00 Adult Bible Study
2. Matter of importance: asking all usher board members to attend an important meeting Wednesday, August 22nd at 5:30 p.m.
3. SJD Drama Ministry presents a dinner play entitled "The Price of Yes", Saturday, September 15th at 6:00 p.m. Tickets are $25.00 General Admission and $35.00 VIP (preferred seating and picture with cast). Tickets can be purchased after 8:00 and 11:00 service.
4. Mark calendar, SJD Fall Revival will be Tuesday, September 18th-Thursday, September 20th at 7:00 p.m. nightly.
5. MICS (Ministry Inspiring Couples and Singles) kicking off Newly Wed 2 game activity on September 29th from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. At SJD Educational center. On Saturday, December 1st from 8:00-12:00 the MICS Ministry will present: The Art of Marriage Seminar. This workshop is for couples, singles, those looking to get married, or if you need a refresher course, there's something for everyone. Registration starts now until Nov. 5th. We need to order books, so please register now. The cost is $25.00 per couple and $15.00 for singles. Please see Twania Gibbs, Sis. Pat Thompson or call the church office. Refreshment will be served.
6. ALL MEN who wish to help with yard work around the church, please bring your equipment and meet us at church every Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
7. ATTENTION ALL PARENTS/GUARDIANS. If you have a young lady who is interested in being a part of SJD's Praise Dance Ministry, please contact Tara Stancel. If you have a youth who is interested in joining the Youth Choir, please contact Rev. CJ Myles.
8. The Van ministry need drivers ASAP. If you would like to be a part of this ministry please contact the church office at 432-0568.
9. Out of the 50 states, the state of Florida has the lowest church attendance during the summer months.......Looking forward to seeing YOU at SJD throughout this summer.
10. Parents and youth, if your young person has done/received something worth recognition, please let us know. Every second Sunday we want to put them on display to let them know how much we appreciate them. Contact the church office at 432-0568.
11. Please see one of the Man-up representatives for an opportunity to serve "our" church by helping with clean-up. Thank you.
12. Calling all M.U.M. (Man-Up Ministry) participants. Please join Pastor every Thursday morning at 7:00 a.m. for an empowerment conference and prayer. Call (712) 775-7031 and enter code 551-727-094 (without dashes). Be empowered and "Man-Up!"
13. Thank you SJD for your pledges made toward our new sanctuary construction. Just a friendly reminder, you can pay on your pledge by utilizing the brown "Moving Forward" pledge envelope or our online giving option. Thank you!
14. The Learning Resource Center (LRC) is available for any member who needs access to a computer. Our computers are fully equipped with internet capability and other software needs. The hours of operation are from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday.